Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Worked on the church bldg. again

FC

We took Meisje with us.

1287460458_Meisje_Roadtrip.thumb.jpg.f14601aca7adf0a766be22ff4f803047.jpg

It was her first real road trip, about 500 miles each way.  First day she was pretty excited.  She is 15 months old now.  We gave her a benadryl and that helped.  Second day we gave her another benadryl but 2nd day was not as much on the road.  By the 3rd day, she was fine, no need to snow her. 

My German Shepard doesn’t mind long road trips as long as I leave a window down. I attach a leash that fastens into the belt buckle so he can’t jump out. He likes to stick his snout out the window and bark at semis and large trucks I pass. Several years ago while my Rottweiler was still alive. He went crazy barking and snarling as I passed an empty cattle truck. Guess he picked up on the scent or the noisy trailer that rattled loudly. I had to pull into a rest area and walk him to get him to calm down. 

My health problems prevented me from taking my dog along on a Trump road parade. According to Az DPS estimates it went 90 miles with hundreds of mostly pickups but there were still plenty of cars and motorcycles with Trump flags. There is going to be another this coming weekend I hope to attend.