Military Firearm Restoration Corner

9mm cheap on sportmansguide

FC

Watch the bottom line when buying from Sportsman’s Guide. They have a tendency to add things such as documentation fees, transit insurance, warranty fees you have to opt out of or pad the shipping with adult signature charges. They also have a buyer’s club that gives future discounts that might be added. 

15 hours ago, Dr.Hess said:

I've seen a "pre order now" email for some 9 and 223 that they had arriving. 

A few years ago got a Ruger AR-15 on the pre order deal from the Guide.  Friend and I split the deal to give it to his daughter that took us on a vacation. Keep in mind it was before the insanity and the price was $466. The bottom line was a bit over 500 after they added a bunch of BS charges. I was able to opt out of everything except their $10 document fee and had to send money order to avoid credit card fee. Took about 30 days to arrive. My FFL tried to take advantage of the deal but they limited him to only one. 

Well, I dunno about buying firearms from them versus Grab-a-Gun, but for the rest of their stuff, being a 'club member' there, it's free shipping over $35 and the only thing they try to tack on is a $1 charge at the end for nothing at all that you can opt out of.  In general, I'm pleased with purchases from them.  I like to keep an eye on their site for Dutch milsurp stuff.  For some reason, the uniforms fit me well.

I’ve been banned by Grab a gun. I’ve made several attempts to find out why and the best I get is a manager’s voice mail that never returns calls. I’ve had three ammo orders canceled. 

I’m sure it stems from an incident a few years ago when they sent the wrong gun to the wrong FFL. After a grab a gun punk threatened me on the phone. He was going to report it to ATF and my local police. Accusing me and my FFL of conspiring to claim I didn’t get the gun when his records showed it was delivered. It was found a few days later at the wrong FFL. I took advantage of every avenue to flame them.