Military Firearm Restoration Corner

horsefly making a comeback

Horsefly

Howdy fellers,it’s been a long time but I’m finally messing with Mauser again, so, naturally I thought of you cats. I see most of the regulars are still here. It’s been a long cotton-pickin time since I’ve checked in so forgive me. 

On 1/9/2021 at 9:23 PM, Horsefly said:

Howdy fellers,it’s been a long time but I’m finally messing with Mauser again, so, naturally I thought of you cats. I see most of the regulars are still here. It’s been a long cotton-pickin time since I’ve checked in so forgive me. 

Like me... Kinda... I been looking in Infrequently... but!

Just now deciding to clean house a bit...and resurrect a couple projects that been ...Languishing..

Funny how thinking now and then about you group of Primer Poppers and how I orta check in to see what’s happening and the very ones welcome me back that I have best memories of. The day we got the news of Fritz dying in a car accident kinda took wind outta my sail and lost lots of interest in Mausers. This Cornhola 69 virus has me hiding in the barn and digging out long forgotten projects and got the bug again. 

Jim, you still driving truck? Everything’s good with me but the virus has hit my wifes family hard loosing the only 2 cousins she cared for and her brother 2 weeks ago. Her family weren’t beer drinkers so immune system probably weak. I got on a hunting lease So. of Abilene and have butt-loads of hogs. Currently putting together a M48 in a stock that I can haul around on 4wheeler and save my nicer guns. That’s what got me to digging out all unfinished projects and getting the bug again. Been lots of years now that a sleet storm made you a trucker. 

Storm was 14 years ago first day of December, seems like yesterday somehow. Yep still drivin but no more over the road never did like being away from the farm.

We’ve pretty much dodged the virus so far one son in law tested positive but never felt to bad just couldn’t smell or taste them and their 5 kids just came out of quarantine Monday, some other distant kin have had a dose but so far we’ve not lost any family to the chink stink.

Did ya leave your hog gun 8 MM or did ya change it up some 

Hog gun still 8mm. Gonna be one ugly pig-poker but so am I. Getting worried about ammo. Got 3 boxes of corrosive surplus shells with bare shelves everywhere I go. We got good fishing at hog lease but just channel cats. No yeller cats. 

We got lease 4 years ago and with 5 of us shooting 20 -30 pigs a year there’s still more than when we started hunting there. Deer and turkey are about gone but tons of Sandhill cranes doves some quail and knock-out bass fishing. 3,000 acres.