Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Just got back from TX

FC

Neither yet. The ugly dump next door would be the best land for it, but the older lady wants $50,000. No way! Has about $10,000 owed with back taxes, maybe more. Some mortgage company paid about 5 years of back taxes, she owes the county $2200 back taxes too, and the bank has a lien on it. Plus the cost of demolishing it.  Might be better off buying land.

• 1 month later...

Coming right along.

I bought an almond tree from that company that sends the huge tree catalog every year.  Planted it, etc.  Of the dozen trees I bought from them, it is the only one that survived.  It has peaches.

I’ve been lucky I guess but I’ve got several dozen fruit trees I’ve mail ordered but they all came from Stark Brothers nursery up at Louisiana,Mo. They’ve been in business since God was a pup.

Missouri Department of Conservation also sells native to Missouri tree seedlings for cheap to residents. I planted a hundred mull berry trees from them a few years back think they were 50 cents a piece would like to put some more of them out but they haven’t offered them the last few years.

We had a freeze warning here last night and another one tonight. Don’t know what the temp got down to but we had a fair amount of wind last night and things did alright but it’s clear as a bell tonight and no wind at all you can hear the hoot owls and coyotes really telling it so probably won’t get as lucky this go around.

6 hours ago, manureman said:

We had a freeze warning here last night and another one tonight. Don’t know what the temp got down to but we had a fair amount of wind last night and things did alright but it’s clear as a bell tonight and no wind at all you can hear the hoot owls and coyotes really telling it so probably won’t get as lucky this go around.

FREEZE WARNING?? I’ve been running my A/C for three days as temps have been in the 90’s. 

Well Az I’ll tell ya what , Arizona gave me a bigger fooling then any of the forty-eight when I started truckin over the road.

I was pushing 50 and literally had been nowhere but had no real interest in seeing the desert after watching John Wayne all my life it was a place to avoid like the clap.

I’ll never forget how shocked I was heading west into Flagstaff for the first time and seeing a snow covered mountain peak for miles....hell that wasn’t in any of them movies , I just knew I was seeing things.

If I’d of found Arizona as a pup we might be neighbors. I sure like the looks of a whole lot of that country, mainly the lack of people in a lot of it and Williams always laid to suit me just driving through.

But I’m wondering if a man was to buy some ground out there do you get the water rights with most of it? Around here water and mineral rights come with a place but I’ve heard that’s not the case out there ??? But don’t know. And if you do own a place how deep do you have to drill the average water well and is it good sweet water. 
    Water is good and sweet here , hard as a anvil but good and my wells are all less than 300 ft deep. Drilled one down in the bottom of a deep holler a few years ago and hit water at 15 feet but went 160 and set the pump at 120 . Always wondered about water wells out there 

I like towns like Flagstaff,Durango Colo. and Salt Lake City if I gotta live in town. One side of town you have high desert and other snow capped mountains. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2021 at 8:59 PM, manureman said:

Well Az I’ll tell ya what , Arizona gave me a bigger fooling then any of the forty-eight when I started truckin over the road.

I was pushing 50 and literally had been nowhere but had no real interest in seeing the desert after watching John Wayne all my life it was a place to avoid like the clap.

I’ll never forget how shocked I was heading west into Flagstaff for the first time and seeing a snow covered mountain peak for miles....hell that wasn’t in any of them movies , I just knew I was seeing things.

If I’d of found Arizona as a pup we might be neighbors. I sure like the looks of a whole lot of that country, mainly the lack of people in a lot of it and Williams always laid to suit me just driving through.

But I’m wondering if a man was to buy some ground out there do you get the water rights with most of it? Around here water and mineral rights come with a place but I’ve heard that’s not the case out there ??? But don’t know. And if you do own a place how deep do you have to drill the average water well and is it good sweet water. 
    Water is good and sweet here , hard as a anvil but good and my wells are all less than 300 ft deep. Drilled one down in the bottom of a deep holler a few years ago and hit water at 15 feet but went 160 and set the pump at 120 . Always wondered about water wells out there 

Sorry but I don’t know. I do know I do not have mineral rights on any of my properties. The only property I ever considered digging a well just north of Phoenix. An adjacent lot went 10,000 deep and had occasional dry periods. He was not willing to share or sell water. I threw in the towel on that project. The lot has a 6” natural gas supply line adjacent to high electrical lines. The bureaucracy of getting cleared to dig a well was more than I wanted to deal with despite the planned well being 1 1/2 acre away. My son’s lot N/W of the town of Surprise. A community well is about 2500’ deep serving five homes but swimming pool fill-ups have to be trucked in., A friend with a cabin near Prescott if I remember right hit water at 900 but he took it a bit past 1100. From what I’ve heard Arizona has toughened up regs on septic tanks