Military Firearm Restoration Corner

I filed a complaint with Internet Fraud Ctr.

FC

You go, Tony.

Sorry for all of your lost effort. At least you don't have lost enthusiasm from those who visit your site. Thanks for this new one.

Regarding the management of Hardboards. We're dealing with a new industry here and the government regulators haven't caught up. It's kind-of like how the prescription drug industry was at the turn of the last century. Snake oil was everywhere.

I think the internet is a big part of what has been driving the economy for the last 10 years. It's important that charlatans are rooted out wherever they're found. Unfortunately you found one and now must do what you can to see that the problem is corrected.

I admire you for doing that. However, you should know that ezboard does not claim to be a non profit aka charity status type of institution whatever you want to call it. It is run for profit and so states.

There's been a lot of misinformation floating around all over the internet and I'm not so sure you've been informed correctly.

Needless to say I still think you've done the right thing. They did lie, they really don't have the right to hold on to the money in the Community Chests irregardless of the language in their TOU.

When the money does get put back in the Community Chest I would suggest you contact each individual person who donated and if they donated by credit card have them (if possible) send notice to their credit card agency disputing this charge saying they did not receive the service they were supposed to receive.

If nothing else it should give ezboard a hell of a headache!

Someone who looked into the Better Business Bureau said that EZ is listed in San Francisco as non-profit/charity.

The last time I experienced internet fraud, which was a long time ago, the credit card company said they charge the company complained about $150, irregardless of guilt.

I hate to say this, but I make a rotten enemy (EZBoard will have fear and trembling for my headaches).

EZ has not restored who gave what, so there is no one who knows who gave the $132 or so.

Well in regards to how they are listed with the San Francisco BBB - I've got to say this FC - don't believe everything you read.

In this case it's not true. Much as it pains me to say it - our beloved government (okay it doesn't pain me that much to say this) is notorious for not being able to get it's head out of it's 4th point of contact to get anything correct.

This is just another example.

That and the fact that the person who posted that information was looking at a web site that was not updated, nor do I think run by the San Francisco BBB.

Irregardless, ezboard does need to be taken to task and given a huge migraine (I hate migraines since I get them a lot). I think more people should stand up and say enough is enough!