Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Bold trigger adjustment.

rdm1962

I looked at the trigger thead for any info on how to. There is a topic there but it had info on Bold contact, however they are now defunct. 

I have an optima model on my 8x57. The pull is running at 7#. I what to adjust it to around 3#.

Has any of you guys ever made an adjustment on a Bold trigger? There are 2 screws. The top one has yellow paint or thead sealent on it. I suspect this is the poundage adjustment. I think the lower screw is for overtravel. I don't want the mess with either blindly and hope I get it right. Thanks.

Ralph

Thanks Doc. the link helped. I'll start working on it tomorrow. Right now I'm grouping at 1" with the 7# pull. I think with it somewhere in the 3# range the group will shrink. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got it down to 3.25#. Nice and crisp, no overtravel.

I'm tinkering with the loads to shrink the groups. I've got the barrel through the"break in" process with 185gr Rem. core locks. I have about 135 Nosler 180gr ballistic tips I want to use for hunting. I might try the Sierra 175gr pro-hunters when they get back in stock.