Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Digital currency is coming

FC

OK, Forced Depression.  Depressions don't come about by accident.  Without a forced boom, there wouldn't be a depression.  Minor ups and down, yeah, sure, but not a depression.  Also note that the name given to economic downturns keeps changing over time.  What we called "recessions" where called "depressions" a hundred years ago, then the Great Depression hit and they stopped calling them depressions.  Now they are Recessions.  After the Great Recession (which started in 1999-2000, near as I can tell, and we're not out of it yet, dwarfing the Great Depression,) who knows what they'll call them next.  Of course, they admitted there was a problem a hundred years ago and now we just have spin saying "No problem.  Go back to work, or riot or whatever."

Inflation:  1% or 20%, small chance of being hyperinflationary, most likely towards 20% though.  The US went through a deflationary Great Depression, and they don’t want to do that again. 

Stagflation:  Potential for 20%+ in a depression, with a stagnant economy.  Nobody is working but inflation still runs 20%.  Depends on inflation.  If an inflationary depression, then the value of cash will be much lower, otherwise cash is king

Interest Rates (paid):  20%:  Depending on inflation and if the banking cartel wants to continue to destroy money.  Running a true 20+% inflation rate and having interest at 0 or even negative destroys value.  Fast.

Foreign entanglements:  Team America, World Police.   Might continue, world might push back.  The rest of the world is getting tired of the US telling them what to do and threating to “regime change” them, or “free the sh!t outa you.”   It’s also very expensive and if US money becomes worthless, we won’t be able to continue it.

Foreign pressures:  Would be slightly down to higher, depending on what inflation does inflation.

Loss of reserve currency standard:  Likely, but the depression would be world wide.  Somewhat smaller chance of this happing, I think. 

China unleashing another virus:  They have several in reserve, developed with US help.  They “Bat Lady” more or less threatened to release an even worse virus.  They could unleash. 

Syria:  Hot US involvement.  Moar War.  Why are we in Syria again?  I don’t care who runs their government.

Israel:  Standing back pushing the US into war.  A little nudge and Iran launches a missile.  The US responds so that the Israelis don’t take out the whole gulf.

Oil prices:  Rapidly increasing:  Whole world will likely be in a depression, so lower demand, but the dollar is now the petro-dollar, since the 70’s, that is, backed by Saudi oil.  Less value in the dollar means higher prices for oil.

Energy independence:  Lower energy demands, might balance out, but could also drop off and go dependent on the Saudis again.

"Green energy":  Rapidly destroying the world economy, used to force us into a depression.  A tool to bankrupt the economy.

Govt mandated climate rules:  Rapidly destroying the economy, used to force us into a depression: 

Succession:  Possible, TX, OK, AR, LA, GA, AL 

Employment:  massive unemployment.

Shortage of Necessities:  Stable with risk.  My personal indicator for The End Of The World As We Know It is:  Beer and cigarettes (or vape, whatever) at the local convenience store.  When there is no more beer or smokes at the store, then the supply chain has completely collapsed.

Civil disturbances:  Only if the democrats are worried that their fun times are going to end.  The riots going on today continue with no interference from the police, unless someone being physically attacked by the democrat party operatives defends himself, then he gets arrested as the rioters complain to the police.  This clearly indicates government collusion or even orchestration in these “disturbances.”  Case in point:  News today.  Guy drives through a riot, pelted by objects, one of which breaks his window.  Gets out, gets pepper sprayed and attacked by mob.  Pulls gun, mob retreats and complains to the police (who apparently had no problem with the mob attacking him) and he gets detained to see if he might have pointed said gun at anyone. 

Now, could there be a true uprising of the people against the government?  Higher probability in a true large forced depression, I think.  You’ve seen the pictures of the razor wire and armed troops around the Capitol buildings.  That is a clear sign of a government that has lost the consensus to be governed by the people.  That is a sign of a government actively against the people it supposedly works “for.”

I can't see us dependent on the Saudi's for oil again, but the rest I agree with.  

I don't think the politicians in TX will allow secession to make it through, at least not now.

https://platinuminvestment.com/files/432755/WPIC_Platinum_Perspectives_March_2021.pdf

I'm just ordered another platinum. SD Bullion has a good sale going on, and silver Krugerands are cheap right now too.

Just a possibility of becoming dependent on foreign oil again.  I shouldn't say just "Saudi" oil, more "world oil," but it's all inter-related.  Like when the Chinese refuse to buy our grains and buy some someone else, whoever that someone else used to sell to now has a need and will buy from us.  Same thing with oil.  If we are not buying middle east oil, and I don't think we have for a while, actually, we will get it from south/central America, Canada, etc.  But dependent on foreign oil again is always a possibility.  It "keeps the US in line" because they can turn off the foreign oil and we are screwed. 

SD Bullion also wants to charge me $150 tax on one American Eagle gold coin.  I have a problem with that.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2021 at 8:59 AM, Dr.Hess said:

Just a possibility of becoming dependent on foreign oil again.  I shouldn't say just "Saudi" oil, more "world oil," but it's all inter-related.  Like when the Chinese refuse to buy our grains and buy some someone else, whoever that someone else used to sell to now has a need and will buy from us.  Same thing with oil.  If we are not buying middle east oil, and I don't think we have for a while, actually, we will get it from south/central America, Canada, etc.  But dependent on foreign oil again is always a possibility.  It "keeps the US in line" because they can turn off the foreign oil and we are screwed. 

SD Bullion also wants to charge me $150 tax on one American Eagle gold coin.  I have a problem with that.

Tax?? A real tax or some kind of BS fees? 

Sales Tax.  Near as I can tell, all the online bullion dealers are now charging sales tax, which is close to 10% in Arkansas. As an American Eagle is actually legal U.S. tender, that is, "money" albeit at a $20 face value, I have a problem with paying a sales tax on legal U.S. currency.

Dont kid yourself gents if the pols tell the bankers to hand over the pass words to your accounts or the key to the lockbox the bankers Will do itl CYA is not new in history.

Short run? That you can and should prepare for.  Things can happen.  Look at Texas. Long run? ( over a month)  The shtf and no mistake.

karl

4 hours ago, karlunity said:

Dont kid yourself gents if the pols tell the bankers to hand over the pass words to your accounts or the key to the lockbox the bankers Will do itl CYA is not new in history.

Short run? That you can and should prepare for.  Things can happen.  Look at Texas. Long run? ( over a month)  The shtf and no mistake.

karl