Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Jericho 141 IMI

FC

Judging by the various militaries that have adopted it , it must be pretty good. On the other hand it looks to me like a CZ clone or copycat at least. I have three Turk CZ clones and it’s near a love affair. The only downside the all steel construction makes them heavy.

I was wrong, two clones are Turks and the Tangfolio is Italian. Very strong resemblance to the Jericho. About two years ago I was out the door with it for under $300.

image.thumb.jpeg.37124f90e7bc42c67ccf3fdaa08e026f.jpeg

I don't think there is any more link to a CZ than a resemblance.  I saw some for sale at a gun show before Christmas.  They were used, surplused, and if I recall, were selling in the $300 range by a FFL dealer.  Looks like new ones are in the $5-600 range these days.  If the Israelis adopted them, I'm sure they will go bang every time.  When your country and existence is at stake, you tend to make sure of things like that.

According to Wikipedia (so it must be absolutely correct!!) Jericho outsourced parts manufacturing to Tangfolio. No telling exactly how close the two are. 500 sounds fair to me with holster and mags. Just my nature, when I buy used I look for minor defects like scratches, dings, gritty or heavy trigger pull etc to beat them down on price. Do some negotiating and get real inquisitive on why he’s selling it. Beat him down at least 50 by offering 400 or toss him a curve and say 410. If the seller is a close friend, be careful as you might piss him off.

13 hours ago, FC said:

He's a patient I'm friendly with. He said it's too heavy for him to use anymore.

Guess in that situation it might be unethical to beat him down on price. If it is like my all steel Tangfolio it is heavy but the weight helps keep my hand steady. I can’t attest to the accuracy of mine other than recalling not being disappointed. I did feed it a variety of ammo including some mild hand loads with quickie home cast rolled in Lee goo slugs, a hodge-lodge of different types collected from partial boxes and 2 or 3 Buffalo Bore +P+. I had zero failures. The quickie 9MM’s had numerous failures in my S&W’s and Taurus 92. I wound up shooting the quickie 9’s in my Ruger convertible revolver. Those quickie 9’s were as dirty if not worse as Eastern Bloc steel. I honestly believe you won’t be disappointed with the Jericho if it’s anything near the Tangfolio. If you get a chance look the Jericho up on Wikipedia. You might be surprised how many countries adopted it for military and police.