Military Firearm Restoration Corner

WWI Dogfight reenactment

FC

I saw something similar about 10 or more years ago from a distance while hunting quail about 15-20 miles north of Phoenix city limits. One was definitely a biplane and the other from best I could tell had three wings. The dog fighting didn’t last ten minutes at best when one plane started smoking, dived straight down while spinning then straightened out and pulled up. Finally both planes headed I assume toward nearby Deer Valley Airport in north Phoenix.. My hunting bud has a friend that works at Deer Valley Airport in the meteorology dept said it was going to be in a movie but didn’t know the name. The planes were about a mile away, we could see insignias but they were to far to decipher. By the time my hunting bud walked back to his truck for binoculars the show ended. When I was young in the early 60’s I recall a news report and a pilot killed. Two crop dusters were playing around dog fighting and something went wrong.,