Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Frankinrifle no workee.

Horsefly

The Yugo in Swede cut-down military stock and bottom metal didn’t fire old surplus ammo. Primer strike looked great but just wouldn’t fire. Got home and pulled lead on several REM. Shells and all fired perfectly. The military brass has a 55 stamped on it, so maybe that’s the reason ! Was wondering other day where I ever picked up term Frankinrifle and just this morning discovered ken98k was the 1st and only cat I ever heard use the name. Kenny’s claim to fame. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/2/2021 at 7:14 AM, Horsefly said:

The Yugo in Swede cut-down military stock and bottom metal didn’t fire old surplus ammo. Primer strike looked great but just wouldn’t fire. Got home and pulled lead on several REM. Shells and all fired perfectly. The military brass has a 55 stamped on it, so maybe that’s the reason ! Was wondering other day where I ever picked up term Frankinrifle and just this morning discovered ken98k was the 1st and only cat I ever heard use the name. Kenny’s claim to fame. 

LOL!

If I remember correctly my "franken rifle" is a 308 that I put together with a mixture of parts, yogo receiver, mexican bolt, norwegian barrel american trigger.

16 hours ago, ken98k said:

LOL!

If I remember correctly my "franken rifle" is a 308 that I put together with a mixture of parts, yogo receiver, mexican bolt, norwegian barrel american trigger.

Well Done... but, Many a poster on various K98 Mauser forums use the term Franken-Mauser, or Franken-Rifle... the serious collectors throw that at any "Lesser" than Pristine, K-98... Just Sayin... tho yours certainly Qualifies... to them cats any RC does also!!

• 3 months later...

Frankenrifle, I have one.  They call them "mix-masters" also.  Probably put together by one of the importers from spare parts they had laying around.  "Ghost gun" is what the left is calling anything they can trace back to you, particlulary home made receivers.