Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Latest on church building to house

FC

The third blowout, in Texas was funny. I turned the crossbar wrench, and heard a terrible squeal. “That sounded like a donkey!” Yup, right behind me 5 donkeys showed up for the show! Despite my wife’s vehement objections, I fed them pound cake and chewy granola bars.

Just curious, does it have a basement? 

A custom home builder I used to deliver his mail in the early 90’s. Was in what was rural but the city grew around. Still had dirt roads, cattle and horses in the area. He picked up where the previous horse rancher had left. It started out as two Japanese internment camp buildings. The new guy built a large two story house behind but still attached to the camp buildings. He told me it was a never ending job and he will likely be building and improving until he’s to old or dead. His trophy and I do mean trophy wife once gave me a quickie tour of the camp buildings. The front was fixed up into living quarters but the one in the rear was just for storage of building materials. The addition when I saw it was framed, wired and partially plumbed. I never saw it, the wife said there were once remnants of a guard tower the previous guy just let it go to waste. 

I heard from the mailman that replaced me most of the construction in the area had stopped. The city would not issue new building permits until the property owners paid out thousands to get hooked up into the city sewer lines.