Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Check out the Turk 93 safety

Horsefly

I got one like that around here someplace.. not stretched that far, and even more contoured to the shroud..I like it alot...in fact been cogitating just How I could do something like it... Make a Jig or Fixture I suspect

Me too. I was thinking of cutting almost into to hinge flag down against bolt then re-weld. Maybe Dremel the flag out Dayton Traister MK II style. I’m a lefty and prefer a firing pin blocking safety on left side. Maybe I’ll mock one up this afternoon. 

9 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Me too. I was thinking of cutting almost into to hinge flag down against bolt then re-weld. Maybe Dremel the flag out Dayton Traister MK II style. I’m a lefty and prefer a firing pin blocking safety on left side. Maybe I’ll mock one up this afternoon. 

Keep us posted... or PM me..Please.. I really prefer the left hand safety..Dunno Why... But that is how I like it..

I think I have an Extra around here...Some Place!!! I will look into something like this... But...For me, After the Holidays..

Maybe I’ll work on safety some today. Just coming off a 2 week goober hacking cold and have a rifle to finish up for a Christmas gift. With the price of low safeties at around 50.00 I think it’s a good idea to rework issue safeties.