Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Just finished today

Horsefly

Chilean 95 barreled action,Bold stock,Timney trigger with side safety ,Spanish 1916 hinged trigger guard, new bolt handle, barrel cut and crowned by me. It shot and ejected perfect. The follower that came with trigger guard was hanging up so used a Swede 96 and now perfect. I couldnt see any difference in them. Amish made 1” black leather sling. 5C1E91AA-D9A3-4B40-B250-D62883D776D7.thumb.jpeg.8b6f09e85fd69adadc96f7d6eaa98896.jpeg

Looks good!

I've got a Turk 93, everything matching (including the bolt!) but with no stock. I don't know what to do with it.  I mean, I have never even heard of a Turk with a matching bolt before.  Should I replace the barrel to a 7mm, add a sporter stock or do something else?  Dunno.  "One of these days'" project.

Great job!!!

I love those Amish hand made slings. Unfortunately I traded them away. Both were thicker copies of the US 1917 GI slings. One young guy I did a trade with for my Chinese copy of the GI Winchester 1897 shotgun. Looked intensely at the sling saying something to the effect “oh wow a real BAR sling”. I kept my mouth shut.