Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Rat rifle project

Horsefly

All done except for 1 sling swivel. It’s a Yugo 48 in a Swede 96 sportered stock I’ve had maybe 40 years. Swede trigger guard , 98 trigger that I took 1st stage out with set screw. I made barrel band sling swivel from 1909 front sight and rear sling stud ground down from CZ 24 sling mount. Big hole in stock behind bolt that I have no clue what for so I inletted a Peterbilt emblem in it. Original front swivel hole was busted out for some reason so I filled it with the end of a 8mm casing. Williams Firestick front sight. Funny looking rig but orta ride good on 4 wheeler and thump hogs. 

95C329DF-F989-43EC-B1C2-493FAEE96238.jpeg

A8B412BF-23DD-4BB6-9ABC-CF96097718C3.jpeg

A687486B-842A-4F91-A496-471B56F4194C.jpeg

I’ve been called many names the last 68 years and this is first time artist was used. Thank you cats for being so kind with my feelings. Y’all remember 20 years ago how their was always someone on the gun boards that would trash the hell outta anything you posted, and probably they never owned a gun ?

Fly Van Gogh!! Just a guess on the hole behind the bolt. Voere Mausers have a Mossberg shotgun type tang safety in that location. I’m told or maybe I read it here years ago. Some of the early Weatherby Mausers that were made by Voere also had the same safety configuration. No telling what the stock was originally cut for.