Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Tucker on the changes in our society

FC

I recall the biggest change in my lifetime in society was during the late 60’s. The pill, Women’s Lib, race riots and the birth of orgs like The Black Panthers, the sexual revolution, Timothy Leary’s tune in etc BS openly promoting the use of LSD as a welcome speaker at colleges, liberal attitudes about illegal drugs and Marijuana especially, Queers proudly coming out of the closet, Gun Control Act of 1968 coupled with new orgs like the coalition to ban handguns, the war and the draft resist movement and college war protests to name just a few. 

If you were to ask my grand parents it was the Depression. My maternal Grandfather strangely blamed loose morals of the so called Roaring 20’s on non Catholic immigrants. My parents would say WW2, women in the workplace out of the kitchen and the subsequent post war baby boom brought about the changes in society. 

Today’s changes in society are being led by and encouraged by the Demoncrats. Dividing the country by race, religion, social economic levels and the financial support of fatherless homes. I feel the increase in crime is only going to grow especially by criminals knowing they won’t be prosecuted by liberal prosecutors. CNN naming burning, looting and rioting as peaceful protests. 

9 hours ago, FC said:

As a kid I knew that social upheaval that was happening was a sign of what was coming. At least the old generation was still there to counterbalance it, but they're gone.

Yes I remember the counter balance well as Nixon’s Silent Majority. 

Tucker is good to a point..But the people are already here. The PC have been pushing population control since the 50's and now with AI and Computers?  Well, the kids are going to have a very interesting time.  Either space travel or war and plague.  Something has to lower the population. There are only so many you can keep on drugs and welfare.

This sort of thing happened about 1750-1900. But Europe had the New World to send people to. Now????

karl

13 hours ago, karlunity said:

Tucker is good to a point..But the people are already here. The PC have been pushing population control since the 50's and now with AI and Computers?  Well, the kids are going to have a very interesting time.  Either space travel or war and plague.  Something has to lower the population. There are only so many you can keep on drugs and welfare.

This sort of thing happened about 1750-1900. But Europe had the New World to send people to. Now????

karl

My gut feeling is a plague similar to the Black Plague that reduced Europe’s population by 25%. Possibly one that only the rich will be able to afford a cure. Possibly it will take a natural disaster. A volcanic eruption blocking sunlight creating a world wide food shortage. The first time I visited Meteor Crater in northern Arizona. I realized how vulnerable we are. A food shortage will lead to war possibly nuclear. I just have a feeling sometime in the distant future an event like the Ice Age will lead to reducing the over population. Humans as a whole are resourceful and will rebound from whatever disaster lies ahead.