Military Firearm Restoration Corner

One piece small ring scope mount

Horsefly

Having pure helll finding a scope mount for a Spanish 1916 that’s drilled for a one piece. Would anyone have a part number for any brand. I would use a blank mount if I had one. I sure wanted to use Weaver style rings but can’t be choosy. 

I see them come up on ebay.  The last one I got was a B-Square #15013, undrilled 1 piece.  Keep an eye out for them and they come up reasonable.  There is always someone that wants $50 or so, but eventually you will find one in the $15 range.

The #15013 is the one I settled on but couldn’t find any info if it was made for charger hump. One on eBay now for 17.00 that I’ll order now if the hump doesn’t have to be removed. My brothers pawn shop find that has Weaver Remington pump action mounts on it. You orta see the jerry-rigged rear mount. Thanks,Jerry. 

There is a slot towards one end of the bottom of that mount. It might fit over the charging hump.  I haven't tried it out, just bought it for a future project.  If it doesn't, some quality time with a dremel and/or a file will make it fit.  Using a similar one, I had to shim the back on a 1916 once.  Also trim the back end so the bolt would clear.  I don't think it was this exact 15013, but some fitting will probably be needed regardless.

there are a few on ebay, I bought 2 of the b square for 17 apiece, these are no holes doesn't take much to drill them out.  I sort of thought I was done with all this silly stuff, but sarco has 93 actions for 100 bucks and I had a 6.5 sweede just wanting a home so I bought 2, I'm not sure what the 2nd one is for, maybe a 257

• 4 months later...

I know that I'm late to this party but here is how I solved that exact problem when I was faced with it. As we all know anything to do with small ring Mauser sporterizing is becoming scarcer and scarcer. I had to do some thinking outside the box. I also bought a B square one piece mount and then bought a weaver mount for a Remington 700 SA. Part # 99503 and then milled out the slot for the stripper clip boss. I used the B square mount as my template. I'm sure that the long action base will work too. The short action mount was the only thing available to me at the time. Here are some pictures of the mount on top of the receiver of my latest build.  

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg