Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Simple question

DirtyDeeds

I just half finished a VZ24 in 22-250. It's in a stock and shooting but still needs some work. What I'm mainly trying to remember is how to keep the bullets from falling back when you load more than one in the magazine? I seem to remember some people mentioning a block but I'm wanting details. I was going to look it up in the archives on EZBoard and found out that it's not there anymore. Guess that will teach me not to stay up with what's going on. blink.gif

"What I'm mainly trying to remember is how to keep the bullets from falling back when you load more than one in the magazine? "

I'm assuming you mean the cartridges. If so yes, you will probably need to afix a block in the magazine to take up the extra space. If you don't have a reference (book, article, etc.) you can find the "right size" by trial and error. Haven't looked but there may be info on this site concerning the modification already. The material is not critical. You can use steel, aluminum or even plastic (delrin, nylon,etc.). It can be in the front or back, there are different thoughts on each but a front block will likely require at least a slight "ramp" to aid in feeding. The follower will possibly have to be shortened accordingly and you will have to be careful not to make the block so large that the follower is shortened to the point where the spring (and it's attachment there to) is hampered. The block can be attached by D&T it for a screw through the front (or back) of the magazine or even epoxied (or acraglassed) in place for true belivers in the stuff.

Now if you really did mean "bullets"... this is a whole nother issue that should be solved by a good crimp. cool.gif