Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Another surgery

spec4 e4

This time it's my wife.  She had weight lost surgery 6 years ago with me.  She had extra skin hanging around.  She had what they called a mommy make over.  They removed 11lbs of skin..  She is doing good, in pain but the medication that they prescribed is helping.  I was up all day and night before with food poisoning and up again that day.  My sugar drop while picking her up and pass out.  The nurse give me apple juice and I was able to get her home and I started to eat again.  My sugar is normal now.  I just did not wanted to eat.  Last night was hard, but made it through it.  I went to bed a 0400 this morning.  She in bed sleeping now because my recliner she hates and can not sleep but a few minutes here and there.  

I been taking care of her and I have to say, there is a big difference in her shape.  I do not know if I can adjust to it.  I had always expected that she was over weight.  Now, I bet she's a 10 or 12 dress size.  I have always wonder why does women think they have to be a size 2 to get a good man, but then again I started to think how people think, and I figures it's other women telling other women that crap.  

Hoping tonight will go along easier. 

Rob

Well, they all like to look "nice."  Wouldn't surprise me 30% of our GNP was devoted to it. If her getting the extra skin removed makes her feel good, it will all be worth it.

You make sure you don't have that fainting thing again.  Watch the food, stay hydrated.  You probably had a touch of the Covid.  That can tear your gut up.

3 hours ago, Dr.Hess said:

Well, they all like to look "nice."  Wouldn't surprise me 30% of our GNP was devoted to it. If her getting the extra skin removed makes her feel good, it will all be worth it.

You make sure you don't have that fainting thing again.  Watch the food, stay hydrated.  You probably had a touch of the Covid.  That can tear your gut up.

That's what I have been doing.  Drink my ice tea and eating regular meal. 

6 minutes ago, FC said:

What was your sugar level?

Sugar was 56.  Way to low.  

3 hours ago, Dr.Hess said:

She mostly got it done because of the extra skin on the front belly.

4 hours ago, karlunity said:

I suspect they all think they have to be 22 and a 10.

I say unless you have to and I did (Cancer) ...Stay away from the surgeon

karl

We have tried too and the issue was the over lapping skin has rashes, pimps, sores, and infections.  

Rob

tonight, she took a shower.  I wash her from head to toe.  I just have to say, I'm not happy with the surgery.  The extra skin is removed and the breast is lifted but I'm not happy with the sides.  She also got a letter from short term disability and it was denied.  She should had it from day one, but someone screw up when we were hired.  oh well, sucking it up. She still in pain but she is enjoying me waiting on her hand and foot, but my patience is wearing thin.  is this normal?  I have never taken care of anyone who is sick or down.  

Rob

Rob dont give up on the disability claim. Most likely the denial letter said something to the effect if you’re not satisfied with our decision and should leave a pathway for an appeal. In a written appeal ask for specifics. Why should be your first question and demand to see contract or policy language. Just keep fighting and if there’s enough money involved a lawyer might take it on. Another avenue is complaining to your state agency that regulates insurance. Try your best to hammer them down for the specific reason for the denial. My guess and it’s only a guess there is policy language that exempts elective surgery. If that’s the case the burden is on you to prove it was medically necessary. I know some chicken sh!t short term disability policies only cover off the job accidental injuries. 

Years ago my lawyer cousin had to retire due to a disease. His firm’s disability policy denied his claim. The insurance didn’t think his disease was severe enough and pressured his law firm to make work for him. My cousin nailed them after filing a lawsuit. He subpoenaed all the paperwork and work product. The insurance co forked up bad by not removing an inter office memo saying something about stalling as long as you can before we make a settlement offer. I don’t know how much he got but it was plenty and all my cousin had to do was agree drop his action with the Arizona Insurance Dept. My brother accompanied him to the meeting and there was pretty strong language in the written agreement about keeping it undisclosed. My brother said he couldn’t tell me the amount. My brother told me I’ll put it to you this way. My cousin left the meeting humming happy tunes smiling from ear to ear.

I worked for Farmers Insurance Co for a year. One thing I learned don’t trust insurance companies. The claims adjusters earn their brownie points by paying as little as possible. The adjuster calculates the total possible amount the loss could be. Then earns their attaboys by settling for less. The adjusters get awards, plaques and bonuses based on the dollar amount they save the company in a fiscal year. Just before I left I confronted a real b!tch adjuster asking her how she sleeps at night. A car was stolen and when it was recovered there were two impact points. The adjuster said there were two collisions and two separate deductibles deducted from the payout. If I remember right it was $500X2, a thousand bucks.  I sold the policy so I had to take the arse chewing from the insured and his wife calling me at home.