Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Backlog Port of LA

FC

This is from 19h ago, on YouTube:

Pinned by Yankee Stacking
I am a crane driver in the port of LA. We're still backed up like before. They have forced the ships to go 150 miles offshore. It looks like the back log is down but they just moved the ships further off shore. They claim its because they don't want them idling their engines so close to land. we've been getting empty ships coming in for us to load nothing but empty containers onto. We're shipping thousands of empty containers over seas. Things aren't getting any better.

Used to be they just scrapped the containers here and made new ones in China.  A lot of them anyway.

On one of my Morse Code mailing lists, actually a bunch of old guys that did/do really high speed Morse Code, it came out that Ten-Tec, a major manufacturer of Ham Radio equipment for over 40 years, is shutting down all production and repairs, and sending all the repair radios they have back to the owners on their dime, unrepaired.  I have one Ten-Tec radio I bought in the late 70's and another I bought in the early 80's.  Their gear is top of the line stuff, and the best there is for Morse Code.  Anyway, they said that they can't get any components for repairs or building new radios.  DSP chips, transistors, voltage regulators, all with a one year or more wait time on delivery.  So they just shut down operations. 

This stuff don't make sense.  "Supply chain problems."  But:  Ships are backed up, sailing in circles 150 miles off shore.  Harbors running 24 hours a day unloading.  Trucks all over the road.  Yet, still, stuff don't get to the shelves.  U.S. production of anything must have stopped.  Where's the stuff?  And, I'll just point out that ALL high blood pressure medicines come from China.  Think about that.