Military Firearm Restoration Corner

New knife

Horsefly

• 2 weeks later...

Friend of mine used to run a spring shop. Mostly rebuilding or manufacturing leaf springs. I can’t recall the well known knife maker used to visit and buy leaf spring stock to make custom knives. My friend made him a back door deal for two knives and my friend passed one along to me. My friend put his on eBay hoping to get 50 bucks but it sold for 265.00. I was all set on posting a photo but with my knee in a brace it got to painful to continue. I’ll try later and also get the maker’s name. 

My X’s nephew gained some notoriety making knives but he got into weird sh!t claiming he could speak to the dead. For a little more than a year he had a nationally syndicated radio show. Callers actually believed he was communicating with dead relatives. According to relatives he made big bucks on the radio, lost interest in knife making but it all came crashing down when his program was abruptly canceled by Kim Commando’s husband.

I had two Pakistani blade bayonets they made to replace the British spike for the Enfield rifles. They looked like a mini Bowie knife. One I still have was highly polished. Don’t know if they were made that way or if a Pakistani soldier found a polishing wheel. He pestered me for weeks wanting those bayonets as they were no longer available. I bought mine from SARCO. I finally relented and gave him one. He made a beautiful knife with it using Arizona Mesquite and Home Depot brass rivets for the handle. 

I’ll try to dig those up and post pictures later. The shelves in my vault collapsed. I have a hard time maneuvering in the tight space in my junk room.