Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Forget I posted that

AzRednek

• AzRednek changed the title to Forget I posted that

The exterminator showed up, charged me $65 to look for Bats. He tried to sell me on a process of smoking any out that might be in my attic. He did discover a small opening I had forgotten about where Bats could get into my attic from outside. About 20 years ago I put in a couple of bug bombs and killed a carpenter ant colony. I sealed it up with wire mesh and it came loose. I wonder if the exterminator helped it along. I declined the $199.00 smoke out job. 

On 3/9/2022 at 5:59 AM, FC said:

Are the bats still up there?

Doesn’t appear to be any. I’m about a half mile from some mountains and it might have come from that area. I’ve lived here off and on since 75. Over the years I’ve seen several Coyotes and one Bobcat in my hood. It is the first time I ever saw a Bat in the daytime. Shortly after I moved in, August 75. I saw three Bats scarf up bugs flying around a street light. About 30+ years ago when I moved in with an X about five miles north. After sundown Bats would occasionally hover over the swimming pool then dive down for a drink then take off like they say, a Bat out of hell. I suspect my visitor may have been a Bat looking for a place to give birth. Can’t think of any other reason to see one in the daylight but I do worry it might have been rabid.

I have a vague recollection in early grammar school, mid 50’s. An older student was bitten by a Bat on a family hunting or camping trip. Kid had to go through painful injections into his stomach. If I remember right Drs weren’t sure if the kid caught Rabies but was given the injections as a precaution. I have a better recollection of the bake sale the PTA did to raise money for the family. My brother won a cake in a cake walk is the reason I remember it.