Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Ukranian Kids Speak

FC

It's always the women and children that suffer from egotistical maniacs like Putin and Zelenskyy. 

Either one of them could stop the madness with a single word.  Unfortunately for the children of both countries neither leader will back off.

I hope there's plenty of psych help for after the war. Would you believe there are vets without any combat experience trying to get PTSD veteran's disability for stuff like what happened at basic training, and junk like that? That's nothing compared to what these kids went through.

Truth to be told I like war and have since I was a young marine in the Nam.
But it is NOT 1970 or 1980. I am Old but never a chicken hawk pol and I have 300 or more old students to worry about.
Now if the USA was at risk, I would say Death or glory for the Flag and the USA! But it is not.
I see this is a Euro border war. Not our national war and not our national business. If any want to zap Russians as a pvt matter planes leave every day.
I am an ole Cold War type and I know their history. The Ukrainians have 8 to 11 million reasons to hate Russia and I wish them luck. But this is their war not ours.
karl

We’re knee deep in NATO, so it may end up an official military action soon. 

For me, I have a personal investment in kids in Ukraine by my financial sponsorship of one or two of their Christian clubs (Tomorrow Clubs). The world sees it as a battle of nations; I see it as a spiritual battle, and Putin and his leadership as highly animated by Satan himself. He lies, steals, kills, and destroys; just like his master. I understand that mine is not the view of the majority.

Andrei Kozyrev, Russia’s foreign minister from 1990 to 1996cautioned that Russia’s aims include the whole of Eastern Europe, with intent to "attack, to pressure, to intimidate other countries, including members of NATO." 

No big surprise!

2 hours ago, FC said:

Andrei Kozyrev, Russia’s foreign minister from 1990 to 1996cautioned that Russia’s aims include the whole of Eastern Europe, with intent to "attack, to pressure, to intimidate other countries, including members of NATO." 

No big surprise!

Extremist Muslims have repeatedly declared their desire to kill all nonbelievers, but after 20 years fighting them we gave up and gifted them with billions worth of weaponry. 

We don't need to be escalating someone else's boarder war. Particularly with  a nuclear power that has warned us to keep out of their business.

Yep not our war not our problem. Better we defend our own border  If we get bogged  down in a border war in  Europe only Red China wins. I can think of at least 3 or  4 majors wars going on now and some of them have been going on for years. Yep women and kids have been killed in them. Yet they did not make the 24/7 news. Ever wonder why???(Mid term election)

karl

Well, for the first time since 1999 we strongly disagree. We can pay attention to all of these things. Abbott is putting up fence on Texas' nickel, and that's at least something. I've paid attention to, and given money for issues in North America, Asia, Africa, and Europe. Right now Ukraine deserves acute attention.

I disagree with my wife more often, but it still puts a strain, no matter where there's tension.

I'm glad we don't eat each other up here. I commented on a Steve Bannon video and was ripped up by those of the opposite opinion.  

Now I'm seeing in comments elsewhere the usual accusations of racism since Europeans are taking in many of the 3 million refugees, but don't want the north Africans and Syrians.