Military Firearm Restoration Corner

I THE DOG HOUSE

Guest TONEY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brought home a M44 today. Now got one of each. 38,44, & 91 sweet. Twice as good as the rifle I got from sog. The bore is almost perfect, very bright, rifling is crisp. No frost what so ever. Machine work is smooth, It's a 47. The reciever and barrel has all the blue, not that dull looking crap that they put on when they reblue them. The magazine looks like it's out of an older rifle, with alot of blue wore off. not machined near as nice. Stock almost as nice but some of the finished has peeled. Few scratches & dings but not to bad. All 3 are Izshevsky .Think it's worth the sleep on the couch tonight?:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a shooter! took it to the river today, to cold to put up targets so i just blasted across the river . It shot low and to the left, but i did'nt have the bayo extended. Set the sight on 200y and it was about right. Was shooting some of that com block stuff

Just got through cleaning the barrel and all the junk is out!!! best barrel on a russian gun i've ever seen. Kent was asking $100 i offered him 70, dam he might have went lower

Sounds like you did real good on this one. The MN's are a real nice rifle in my opinion. I have several and usually cannot pass up a deal on one when I find them. Is it worth the night on the couch? Would have to say yes it is. Also, if you really get literally sent to the dog house, the m44 is a nice short rifle and should fit in there with you. biggrin.gifcool.gif

Seriously, what you describe is a real good gun. swamp_thing

Sometimes you get luckey. Seen it a week ago but did'nt handle it, thought it looked pretty good. Had been figuring out how to get it and on are way out yesterday, checked mail there was a check from oklahoma in there, an overpay rebate.