Military Firearm Restoration Corner

ANOTHER TOY

AzRednek

I need another firearm of any kind about as bad as another hole in my head. I’ve been wanting one of these for years. Perfect for deep concealment when my 38 snubby could cause some problems. About a year ago I freaked out a urologist when he saw my 38 under my belt. I also have a tiny Beretta 32 I can carry in my pocket but that pistol is near impossible to clear a jam. I had a double feed most likely caused by pocket lint. This pip squeak caught my eye after opening up an email link looking for ammo. Thanks to Uncle Joe I’ve been hoarding ammo and canned food. 

It’s a NAA 22 Mag 5 shot revolver. I really like the ability to fold the grip keeping it small in size although it’s a PIA closing it back up. The trigger pull is heavy as is cocking the hammer. Unfortunately with all my other aches, pains and getting old. I’m getting Rheumatoid Arthritis in my right shooting hand. So far my fingers aren’t crooked but my hand is weak. I was out of the FFL’s door with apx $320 invested. My FFL suddenly raised his $20 fee to 35 and he had no 22 WMR in stock. I have about a half box but it’s about 25 years old. I was surprised as it came with a metal locking case. 

2310B293-B95E-48F9-BD61-ED9DFC7049AB.jpeg

F9D02D01-2E94-4573-AA88-DB1FA7EE6B36.jpeg

I hired a woman to re-shingle my house a couple years ago, I helped her with the tear off but told her she needed to get a helper when it came to carrying shingle up to the roof. She got her female off duty cop roommate to help finish the job!

Anyway, they showed me they're NAA 22 mag that they had been firing 22 LR through. I told them "don't ever do that again" and gave them a box of correct ammo.

And the roof came out pretty good!

roof.jpg