Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Losing a ship

karlunity

Say what you will. Losing a capital ship to a smaller nation does not make the Russian Navy look good and Russia not winning in a week? I still think something is odd as they have weapons(non nuclear as do we) that would flatten Ukraine in a week.

Now? the Russian army looks 5th rate.

Historically the Russian army is very good on defense but stinks on offence.  I know about the French and the Germans but the Russians had very strong allies to split the power of their French/ German foes.

If oil producers around the world would start shipping all their defunct drilling rigs all over Europe it would scare the Schmitt out of the Russians. That orta be enough reason to start looking into their own resources. Just because our current leadership won’t while holding majority and blowing the far left doesn’t mean other countries shouldn’t try for energy independence. My thoughts mean Dudley squat but that’s how a simple minded Bible Thumping Gun Toter thinks. 

Ships have not really been up against anti-ship missiles.  There are some seriously bad anti-ship tech out there.  Like the Silkworm missile, for example.  I have a feeling that modern warships are rather more vulnerable than is thought.  This Russian ship getting wiped out by a couple of cruise missiles from a 3rd rate money laundering operation is an example.

3 hours ago, karlunity said:

Say what you will. Losing a capital ship to a smaller nation does not make the Russian Navy look good and Russia not winning in a week? I still think something is odd as they have weapons(non nuclear as do we) that would flatten Ukraine in a week.

Now? the Russian army looks 5th rate.

Historically the Russian army is very good on defense but stinks on offence.  I know about the French and the Germans but the Russians had very strong allies to split the power of their French/ German foes.

I agree. Something isn't right there. It's hard for me to fathom that the Russian military is so incompetent.