Military Firearm Restoration Corner

A few of my Mausers-and a truck gun

Spiris

Don't know where you're from, Spiris, but down here you won't see that Commie rifle in a truck.

You are more likely to see a M94 Winchester or a 700 Remington.

But you might see one of these--

user posted image

But nice rifles, especially that first one. I'm only kidding about the truck gun.

fritz

Thanks guys, the commie gun is affectionately a truck gun because it's one of the $49.95

Century 44's that could be a beater. Actually it's in great condition, and I removed the pig sticker to lighten it so it can beat me a little more. It really shoots very well. I live in NW North Carolina and I do have a 94 and some Remingtons and a truck.

Spiris

FC,

Yes, it's a Jap that was partially sporterized when I bought it in a pawnshop many years ago. I added the scope, it was drilled and tapped for a receiver sight.

A typical conversion done in the 50's in .300 Savage in a Bishop stock. The fellow who did the metal work was really good. That polish on the metal is very smooth. I like the .300 Savage for a truck gun, I don't shoot at anything further than it can handle.

BTW, it was described in the pawnshop as a Mauser. It was stamped ".300" on the barrel. I knew it had to be .300 Savage due to it's age, but got it a little cheaper because the owner of the shop didn't know for sure. He didn't even know the difference between a Jap and a Mauser.

fritz

• 8 months later...

Fritz, i have almost the same rifle without the scope. has marbles front and rear sight. how does it shoot? mine looks like the original barrel that was cut back and rechambered.