Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Military recruitment low

FC

Well if you consider that we are annoying both the Bear and the Dragon we may soon return to the draft  of course this draft  will accept diversity and both genders,

PC rainbow karl

Times have really changed. In my 1969 draft physical. All the queers were separated along with hard core drug addicts and other rejects. I was told the queers were further evaluated to determine if they were real or fakers. I didn’t see it but was told a guy in our group showed up in a garter belt and stockings on shaved legs. I did see a black guy that was vocally protesting the draft and war taken away in handcuffs. He attempted to enter an adjacent room that had a large sign saying female physical in progress and bold letters “DO NOT ENTER”. As I left he was outside marching with the hippie draft protesters. 

2 hours ago, FC said:

That probably disqualified them from joining the military.

According to the brochure I got. By refusing to take the oath and claim to be affiliated with a Communist organization would get a free pass and likely a visit by FBI. My first physical was before Nixon established the birthday draft lottery. 

The draft board was taking dam near anything warm with a pulse. Poor hearing got me classified 1-Y. I was ordered for a second physical and a reevaluation a bit more than a year later. I was reclassified 4-F. On my way out after the second physical. There were two hippies burning their draft cards in front of a news camera. Myself and a few other rejects were accompanied to the parking lot is by two MPs with billy clubs and a guy dressed in a suit and tie, likely FBI.