Military Firearm Restoration Corner

2022 onion crop

Horsefly

That's a good looking bunch of onions. What variety are they. Your garden really looks to be doing well. Have you grown any Vidalia onions? We did when I was in Georgia. Got our sets about 15 miles from where I lived. Guy grew probably 80 acres of them each year. Sweet and mild.

These are Texas 1015. Vidalia are dang good too. I use to get them from Georgia too. 1015’s came from Dixondale Farms here in Texas. The biggest and sweetest I’ve ever grown were Candy onions. As sweet as Vidalia and 1015 are, no comparison with Candy. Only drawback was they didn’t keep well. Next year I’ll plant 1 bunch of Candy and 4 bunches of Vidalia or 1015. Think I’ll string’um today. Looks like a huge crop of Israel Melons. Watermelons ok. Big crop of tomatoes just starting to ripen. Neighbors and kinfolks are sick of zucchini and yellow squash. Jalapeños not doing much. Yard-long asparagus beans going crazy and I’m only one that likes them. 2020 garden completely drowned out. Last year hail wiped out everything. This year is making up for last 2 years.