Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Dutch lock

FC

That's neat.  And that is basically how I had a locksmith make a key for my '47 Plymouth once.  I lost all the keys and was just hotwiring it with a clip lead.  Brought it to the locksmith, an older guy, and he stuck a key in the lock, grabbed it with some pliers, twisted, pulled out, looked at the marks on the key, filed, back in, twist, back out, file, etc., until it opened the lock.  Then went to the next lock.

I thought you'd like this. I bought it in Holland several years ago. I remember seeing the inside of an old door lock, and how they filed a shape the key had to get past, thought of, "The Great Escape", where they made a wax impression of a key, threw in some dental lab rope wax, and voila!

Dykem is a machinist's tool, a dye or very light paint you put on things, like bolt lugs, you put it together, work it, and the dyekem rubs off where it rubs.  Then you machine it until it wears how you want it.

https://www.amazon.com/Layout-Machinist-Perfect-Marking-Metalworking/dp/B002SLGAIA/