Military Firearm Restoration Corner

That side lost

karlunity

The intellectuals and highly educated have been leaving Russia in droves. I think that's a better indicator. The war the KGB man thought would be won in days is now five months out, and little to show for it.

Recall SOF adds in the 90's?   Russian women want to meet Americans?

Once the women want out the game is lose. More think about the German women or Japanese women after WW ll.

Yep the Ukrainian people are putting up a strong fight and as Stalin murdered about 10 million of them they have little love for Russia  nor can I blame them. No one who ever read a history book think the Russians saints. Nor do I trust a former Col in the KGB

But I still think that historically the women leaving is NOT a good sign. 

karl

My view? I see this as a Euro border war..Not our war not our business

Ukrainian women have been trying to get out of that country since forever.  A google search will turn up lots of scam artists involved in that, and lots of "we were married for exactly 2 years, then the next day she just left."  2 years being some legal requirement for residency here.

I, too, see this as not a reason to send my friends to get killed.  I mean, I'm sorry the Russians invaded and are wiping the place, but the real cause as I see it is the west (US) playing the Ukrainians and putting them in a position to antagonize the Russians into doing just that.  It is terrible for the people there to be caught up in the middle of it all.  The US and Soros worked together to bring about the color revolution there, kicking out their elected president and putting this comedian in his place. 

Frankly sir. I think Putin saw Biden as a wimp and a push over. I do not think Putin would have acted so if Trump were still in office. Once it starts gettin cold ( oct or nov) We shall see if  the Euros make a deal.  

Well, at least it may, given time, get the EU off their green virtue and back to atomic power. Thus freeing them from dependence on Russia and it even (gasp) may make them put some money in their own defense and a tad less in social programs

karl

The million dollar question- will Trump become President next time around? Will that bring order, or will it be too late?

I've been through the Ukrainian sponsorship process three times. The first two times it was for couples who were friends, and each have a small child. The government didn't get its rear-end moving, so the first couple went to live with her uncle in NJ (a lot of Ukrainians move there, for some reason). The second couple had work visas, but couldn't get their toddler in. Finally, after nothing happening with that packet, they went to the U.S. embassy in Poland and got permission to come here. The parents of the woman of this second couple in the Ukraine are in their 50s, and want to be near their daughter, so I sponsored them, and it went through. They'll move to the Houston area, near their daughter, around Sept. I'm not coughing up money for any of them. I have sent gobs of uniforms, and some medical supplies to my contact in NJ, and they mass ship stuff to the Ukraine. I've been impressed so far by the Ukrainians I've gotten to know. They have a solid work ethic, they're motivated, educated, and have traditional values.