Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Happy new year to all.

karlunity

Here, here!

Just got back from X-mas in TX. A great time was had by all. Well, except me driving home Thursday night. There were so many deer on the side of the road it was scarey, white knuckle scarey! I'm calling a realtor to see what land and how much (both acreage & $$) is available between Kerrville and Sonora.

Hope all those that need jobs like Jason & me get good ones this year, same goes for anyone else! Hope the rest of you have a very blessed year! Now I gotta go clean up some baby vomit, lol.

Happy New Year to all!

I hope that all who are traveling this holiday season make a safe return. And may you all accomplish your New Year's resolutions.

Cheers! user posted image

Jason

A very Happy New Year to all!

I don't personally "do" resolutions, but I did just begin a regimen of yoga today, and am looking forward to becoming more flexible and gaining some strength and general fitness this way. My sister has been practicing yoga for about 3 years now and she just turned 40 yet is incredibly flexible.

That's my resolute non-resolution!

Guest Uncle Phoenix

Personally....I ain't thru with the last year yet, so I will continue writing 2005 for at least two more months, also, there was projects that were to be concluded in 2005 that still require time so......all of you that wish to turn the page, go ahead.....but if you come looking for me, I'm someplace between 1968 and 2005.....lost in the haze.

personal to Miss "Emul".....nothing like having an "incredibly flexible' older sibling to make one grunt,sweat and stink of Ben-Gay for a few weeks, is there.

Dearest Uncle Phoenix!

Of my parents' children, I am the eldest...and my sister has always been a fitness freak, so I expect her to be a bit more flexible than I...but I would bite a hole in my lip before admitting to her that I am not as capable of doing yoga as she is! LOL! Thank goodness that I haven't had to grab the Tiger Balm or Ben Gay quite yet...but after today's workout, I may end up worshipping at the medicine cabinet soon!

You have hit the nail on the head about the inspiration a flexible sibling can provide however!

Three doctors were sittin' at the bar in their country club bragging when the first said ,I had a man brought to me that had lost his arm in a car accident, I was able to reattach it and he went on to be a proffesional golfer.The second said well I had a man brought in who had lost both legs in a wreck I was able to save them both and now he is a winning marithon runner.The third said that's nothing, when I was in Texas a man riding a donkey wearing a cowboy hat was run over by a train ,all I could save was the ass and the hat but it went on to be president. Hope you get a chuckle out of that one flaco,I did , and I voted for him both times.... Jim

I would like to congratulate all the Texas Longhorns and all the UT fans--we're #1!

Too bad they didn't wait until this game was over when they voted for the Heisman Trophy winner. We all saw tonight who really deserved it, and it wasn't that fellow who has the same last name as the President.

fritz

Vince did one hell of a job tonight! Truly a great performance. Heisman not withstanding, he sure did look proud standing over the trophy they awarded him.

Its nice watching the two best college teams anywhere square off. I thought it was a good game overall - Texas could have choked at the very end, but did not and scored a decisive victory.

This is a stretch, and I may be out on a limb, but if I know the guys down in Austin like I think I do, I'd bet there's some celebrating over tonight's victory going on.

Go Texas!

Jason

There is a cattlemans convention in Okla. On the secound day they are having a open discussion forum. A Texan stands up and says," I can get in my pickup and drive all day in one direction, and never get off my property." The gathering is real impressed until a Kansasan stands up and says, "I had a pickup just like that once." biggrin.gif

Swamprat

Yes, I'm sure there will be quite a celebration after that one--and they deserve it!

I sure wish the golf club where I hang out would change the channel away from the talking heads on ESPN, and just show a soap opera. At least they turn the volume way down, and since I am already hard of hearing, all I can see is what is printed on the screen (as these talking heads ellaborate their biased views on what caused Texas to win). Today all they could come up with was the question, "Did Texas win, or USC lose?"

They must not have been watching the same game as I was. Now, ESPN owns ABC (where the game was telecast) or the other way around.

Did Texas win? YES. Did USC lose? YES.

End of discussion.

fritz

Good one, Swamprat!

I had a pickup like that once.

As dry as it is now, the only truck I drive in my pasture now is a diesel (no catalytic converter). Those damned things cause a lot of grass fires.

Speaking of grass fires, today the San Antonio TV stations were covering a breaking news story of a grass fire in northern Bexar County. I was watching a full hour of coverage from the news helicopter before I saw a firefighting helicopter on the scene.

Now, this after our great guvnor Perry had a big news briefing last week about how prepared the state agencies were in cases like this (especially one that was so close to the city limits). He promised that there was an aircraft on call to respond within 15 minutes of any major grass fire in Texas,

15 minutes? I don't know where these Blackhawks came from, but they were an hour late in arriving. There were several of them, and each had a hopper suspended below it that held water. The main factor in fighting these fires is the wind, and today we had the wind!

We will have a red flag warning until Tuesday, when the "experts" say the weather will change. They even speak of DRIZZLE on Tuesday!

I am salivating already.

fritz

I watched the entire game out here on the East Coast. That was the BEST football game I've ever watched. Both of those teams have a lot of talent and heart. I think SC is heavier on the talent but weaker on the heart. I love it when heart prevails! Congrats Texas!

I was very disappointed to listen Linert state in an interview as he was leaving the field that he still felt that SC was better than the team that just beat them (but I bet he's a demoncrat and used to overvaluing his opinion even in the face of contradicting fact). Sore losers are really unappealing.

Jason,

You knew those folks were going to celebrate, I just heard from my son up there.

He had champaign flowing, and was proud of the fact that while he may have woke the neighbors, he did not wake the baby. His wife would not have appreciated that.

He said that the shops on Guadalupe St. reopened after the game and sold thousands of national championship tee shirts before closing again. They may as well have stayed open, because of the rowdy and celebrating kids.

My son was not one of them, and did his celebrating with friends near home. But yes, Austin was rocking last night.

fritz

Actually the Big 12 did pretty well in the bowl games. I believe that Colorado (which never should have been in a bowl game) and Texas Tech (they played a close one) were the only losers. Considering that there are only 12 schools in the conference, the conference was well represented.

The Aggies just have to "wait 'till next year". That is nothing unusual for them. OU, who used to be the big bully in the area, surprised me by beating Oregon (but I bet on them).

Of course I bet on Texas, but the frugal fellow I am, I got 7 1/2 points. Never needed them, nor would I have enjoyed winning that bet by that route.

So Vince Young and Reggie (the fellow with the same last name as the President) are leaving school a year early. The fact is that their stock will never be higher than it is right now. But Vince will possibly be retrained in the pros, they don't play that Texas offense in the pros. Maybe they should.

fritz