Military Firearm Restoration Corner

No more Constitution. They finally said it!

FC

Since we have most of the guns and the troops, most of them. and most cops are  NOT woke, I rather think the PC need the protections of the Constitution.

Without those protections, I suspect the lives of many of the woke would end rather unhappily for THEM

But it appears that they are too stupid  to realize that.

karl

I hadn't thought of it that way.

My lawyer daughter, who graduated not that long ago from law school in Seattle responded, "I disagree. I think that this article really mischaracterizes the NYT article. It's really more of a critique of constitutionalism as a school of jurisprudence, rather than an attack on the Constitution as a document memorializing basic rights. Most legal scholars (including many conservative-leaning justices) would also disagree with a literal constitutionalist approach, because it allows zero flexibility to evolve legal standards with the times. For example, the 8th Amendment no longer allows the State to cut off your hand for theft, or executing a minor or insane person. It might not have been cruel or unusual punishment when the Constitution was drafted, but every civilized country would now look at those punishments as extreme. 

I can understand disagreeing with the NYT article's proposition about making the Constitution easier to amend, but I definitely think that Breitbart misrepresented the article and took quotations out of context so that their review would get more clicks. "

I beg to differ with the learned lady..I taught Constitution and History for 24 years. The whole concept of the living Constitution is but an end run around the limits that the Constitution set on federal power. One finds the roots of the idea with Wilson and I hate to type it, as in many ways I admire him, even to some extent TR. .......Constitutional jurisprudence  IS the whole IDEA.  If a change is needed. convince the people and pass an Amendment.

karl

College did on me as well.   It was not till I was teaching it,  and the kids had some very  good questions, that I had to deeply study to answer,  that i began  to understand. Heck I was once proud of our "living constitution" and felt sorry for poor benighted lands that did not have one. 

One can hope, that with study, she will out grow her college views.

karl

The Korean culture is rather interesting.  They tend to think they are superior to all other cultures.  And even, or especially, among friends/relatives, they will say things like "You're stupid!" and be quite insulting. 

We're watching a Korean TV show called Adamas now.  It's very good.  Their entertainment industry really puts out some good shows.  Lots of plot twists, no PC crap, etc.  This movie:  The Man from Nowhere https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1527788/

is fantastic. Excellent and realistic gun handling, good plot.

I’ll have to look. They think they’re superior, and so do the Japanese and Chinese.

one American girl video in Korea said skirts can be very mini, but exposed shoulders aren’t okay. 

i haven’t read one male comment saying they like tattoos on women, but they keep doing it anyway.