Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Finally getting somewhere

bubbamauser

After I turned one of these into a "Trophy" I picked up a beat up one to start over

all the ideas are stolen from you guys, Thanks its starting to look like it will be a rifle

I broke down and bought a barrel vise and it just spun off

"trophy" at bottom

user posted image

user posted image

I spaped the bow like one that was posted

user posted image

user posted image

I stoned the crest and other stampings off (not Serial)

user posted image

notice I'm not showing the top, Middle hole on scope base will need to be egged a little

user posted image

I used a wheeler bolt knob homemade welding jig from vise and welding magnets

cut a tin can so only the stub came through so arc clean up would be minimal there wasnt any splatter the can worked great (70amp, E6011electrodes)

user posted image

some blue on the top but none on the cut out or safety lug, Homemade heat sink made out of 1/2" carriage bolt and iron and C clamps anywhere I could put them

user posted image

I'll post more as I move along

Thanks again

• 3 months later...

It came out pretty good, I will probably get another stock at some point, its big brother is behind it I havent been able to get out and test it, work has kept me pretty busy the last few weeks. I have 2 I'm in the middle of right now the 300 win turk and a 308 ak I'm converting from a milled yugo m70a 7.62x39 parts kit to use g3 mags with a home made modified receiver. as soon as I get a break from work, I'll post the test results from the 300.

IPB Image

Guest Guest_kenak2_*

It came out pretty good, I will probably get another stock at some point, its big brother is behind it I havent been able to get out and test it, work has kept me pretty busy the last few weeks. I have 2 I'm in the middle of right now the 300 win turk and a 308 ak I'm converting from a milled yugo m70a 7.62x39 parts kit to use g3 mags with a home made modified receiver. as soon as I get a break from work, I'll post the test results from the 300.

IPB Image

Very kool stock!

I'm really looking foreward to your report on the 300 turk, as I'm considering a similar project.

Kenny