Military Firearm Restoration Corner

romanian AK screw build from parts kit

bubbamauser

This was a nice break from some of my mis haps on my first mauser.

It was easier than I expected it is a built from tapco flat and Romanian ak kit from tapco (comes with a g2 trigger 3 of the compliance parts the others are the flat grip stock and fore end also have the US base plate and Follower a little over kill for compliance) I scribed the flat from templates on the net and bent it with a vise and steel bars

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Its not hard to do I used a sharpie to scribe the lines used a triangle file to cut them a little and cut a piece of pallet to the inside dimensions from a jig plan I got off the internet locked it in the vise and started tapping it over on the block.

when both sides are done tap the top rails down on the block tap the block out and you have a reciever, I arc weld the lower rails in but you can rivet screw or spot weld them

I have a lot of info on building these if you want me to email it to you.

• 6 months later...

Hi, If you still have those instructions regarding your build, I'd sure appreciate looking at them. Great looking Romanian. I have one of the Rommie barrel assemblies, with the trunion in place and front & rear sights. I'm thinking about getting it out, & the Tapco flat that's collecting dust and giving her a try. Thanks, bobcroley51@charter.net