Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Pucker Factor 9!

FC

I went to pick up lumber I’ve bought over time through my brother, who buys on the cheap from Lowes. After navigating a very tall Hill Country hill’s roads, I saw what is had to tackle. Down a steep ten foot wide driveway there was a heavily loaded trailer! My adjustable hitch lock is messed up, so it was on the lowest setting, and ended up 6” from the ground. I put my Ram 2500 diesel in 4 wheel drive. The motor had to work hard, but I managed to get up the steep driveway. Then had difficulty turning the opposite direction. I could envision myself going backwards down the cliff! No trailer brake either. I set the exhaust brake, and made it back 115 miles. The white knuckle club! In Marlin, TX I saw that the vinyl siding was sliding off, and it was getting dark. Yesterday I started unloading. In addition to the lumber there was 3 pallets of headboard, and more than a pallet of Masonite. First one neighbor showed up to help, then another. They wouldn’t take money! I think I st least have a partially torn rotator cuff, and I settled later to just moving 16’ 4x4s. We talked about how high schoolers don’t want to work hard labor, even for $15/h cash!

063AB3C5-1F3D-4C16-A13C-68DAF400824A.jpeg

CA0F0896-71C7-47A8-ADA2-13C2F3429D91.jpeg

C321F2E5-D510-4701-B4D1-97AAE121CFC1.jpeg