Military Firearm Restoration Corner

I think this is why our site is aging

FC

I think this is why our site is aging. This is a female with autism talking with Jordan Peterson. One thing discussed is about different types of intelligence. Also, the status of shop classes in high schools. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZyGCjnjXFo&t=402s

We hands-on types are dying out. People are amazed when they see that this nurse is converting a church building into a house, like it's magic. It's not- I didn't grow up in a city. One grandpa was a farmer, and the other co-owned a concrete plant that primarily built silos. Dad was in the concrete and brick line of work. We fixed our own stuff a lot of the time.

When the entire basic education system was forced to only provide a pathway to college, bad outcomes were guaranteed.  I remember an interview on the radio in the early 80's.  The guy said that we were moving to a service based economy and that 20 years from "now" (80's) we would all be selling each other insurance.  Our manufacturing base was then shipped overseas and job opportunities for young people vanished.

I had electricity and wood shop in Jr. High, and TV Repair in High School.  The two classes I had in grade school that were most useful to me were typing and electricity/TV repair.  Made a pretty good living using those skills for about 10 years, before I got stoopid and went to college.