Military Firearm Restoration Corner

It's been a rough few months.

FC

Asthma acts up when it gets cold. I probably tore my rotator cuff, and it hurts every day, but not all day. I had a repeat FESS (Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery) a couple weeks ago, and it was rough. The otolaryngologist said the excess bone he drilled out was due to chronic sinusitis. He informed me I need another, lesser surgery in a couple of weeks to remove scar tissue from the 2006 surgery. Two days ago I had a titanium dental implant put in. Then my beloved silkie terrier was put to sleep about 10 days ago. I'm tired of it all! Old age is rougher than I thought. I joke that you quit your full-time job to become a full-time patient!

That's rough, FC.  Sorry about the silkie. 

As they say, gettin' old ain't for the young.  At least the dental implant should be good.  My wife had one done a couple years ago.  She's a major wuss.  Waited 15 years between getting all the pre-stuff done (sinus surgery, bone graft, etc.) and finally getting the implant sheet rock screw thing.  Hasn't had a problem with it and wishes she did it years ago.

In my wife's case, she had a tooth go really bad and get pulled.  Then went for an implant.  X-Rays showed "Something not right...." and sent to ENT which said chronic sinus infection, needed a roto-rooter job, then cadaver bone graft.  All that healed up and she chickened out on the sheet rock screw (if you've ever seen a side view skull x-ray or a cervical spine view, you'll point and go "Sheet rock screw!")  So, 10-15 years later, she decides that she is tired of chewing on one side and wanted the implant.  Piece of cake.