Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Igloo

FC

22 words huh? I was impressed that they'd build one every time they made their frequent moves. They didn't make a tunnel entrance. I thought the inside was elevated to hold in heat, but they actually went downward into the snow inside. Reminds me of trying to make the very best snow forts when I was a kid in S.D. I made a tunnel to get in, and put shields on the outside made of snow from the snowplows. Mom didn't like that I took cans of water outside to make it even more hardened. The big kids walking home from high school were brutal if I started a snowball fight!

That one was supposed to be a temporary shelter, according to the narrator.  40 minutes for 1 man to make a smaller one for camping was quite impressive.  Hard to set up a conventional tent/campground in 40 minutes.  I found a vid of Nanook of the North some time ago.  I don't think I would care to live like that, but, people surviving for eons in that kind of environment, and the exact opposite desert environments, tells you how resilient we are.