Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Anastazi Indians

FC

We went through there on my bike once at the end of July.  It was "a tad" on the "warm" side.  At a gas station in the middle of nowhere, we bought long sleeve shirts.  Best thing ever.  I still keep that shirt in my saddlebag, and that was 35 years ago.  Beautiful place though.  It was like riding through a John Wayne movie.  We stopped at the 4 corners point and I stood in 4 states at once. 

I dunno.  Note that guy was hiking when it snowed, so "winter."  July/August is NOT the time you want to be there.  That was on our "epic" road trip.  We left Bryan, TX, went to Carlsbad, Grand Canyon, 4 corners, Denver, Sturgis, Yellerstone, Canada (Lethbridge where we bought Linda's bike, then 2 bikes to Calgary, Red Deer, then back south,) Glacier National Park, Coeur D'Alene ID, West to the coast, down to Portland, Coos Bay, Red Woods,  further down Pacific Coast Highway until we had enough freezing our asses off and headed inland at Mt. Shasta, down 5 to L.A., across to Phoenix, up to the mountains past the Very Large Array, back into Texas to Bryan.  8600 miles, if I recall, 6 weeks on the road.  It was a great ride.  Wore out the chain on Linda's Sportster before we got it home.  I put a new tire on before we left and needed another when we got home.