Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Another Spanish Modelo 1893 sporter

Trail Rated

This is my new-to-me Modelo 93. Just got it back from the gunsmith today after a lengthy stay for a barrel reset, receiver peep sight and front sight ramp adds, new firing pin, and rebluing (all of which cost more than I paid for the rifle). I refinished the stock myself. This replaces a different 93 that I had and loved but sold to someone who really, really wanted it. 

I took this one straight to the range and put five rounds down it at 25 yards — all good so far, no signs of keyholing etc. I forgot to bring an aperture for the rear sight so I didn’t try anything at 100 yds. Maybe this week. Note the calibers laser etched. I specifically wanted .275 Rigby on there in case this one goes overseas with me. 

9F20B0E0-8D5D-49AD-B23C-0E4E910E052A.jpeg

D32852CF-66E3-4B57-923D-C82B1FA869BE.jpeg

6E90DAE0-8B74-41A5-8BF7-33A30BEF2027.jpeg

That's nice.  I tried cutting down the barrel and rechambering, but I have not been successful with getting them to not keyhole.  I think the rifling is toast on the barrels I tried it on.

Yeah, 275 Rigby.  NOBODY WILL KNOW it's a military caliber.  I think one of my reamers or headspace gauges is actually marked 275 Rigby.  I think Brownells was out of stock on 7x57, but instock for 275 Rigby.