Military Firearm Restoration Corner

gold and silver

FC

Once they go to digital currency..and after the grace peroid you will kindly be given to turn in money before it is declared worthless.( yes it has been done..look up the old and new franc for example)  Bad "social score?'  funds frozen  with a click.  You can of course do public repentance and have your account  partly restored.

Think I am too doom and Gloom?  Study the Cultural revolution of China...and they did NOT have computers.

karl

I stand corrected. They did allow people to keep the old franc,Simply dropped the value of the old franc about 99 %

Think every old dollar, for example,is worth a CENT.  

The dollar today is worth a CENT from a hundred years ago.  It was 3 cents, not I think it's about 1 with the inflation of the last 3 years.

1920:  Gold was 20.00/oz.

2023: Gold is 2000.00/oz.

A buck's a penny.

Alas you are right sir.

I know a lady who was paid $90 a week in 1963. That was about 2.4 oz of gold at $ 35 an oz..

Now? that would be  about $5000 a week.  We got the claw plain and simple.

karl

Historically, going back thousands of years, the ratio of gold to silver was roughly 1:20.  That is, as a hundred years ago, twenty silver dollars were worth one $20 gold piece.  The price today is 2000:30, or 200:3, or roughly 66 oz (Troy) of silver to one ounce (Troy) of gold.  This is an extreme imbalance.  It implies that the price of silver should be about $100/oz.  But it's not, and it never seems to catch up today.

Oh, and historically, a man's wages for the day were 1 oz of silver, going back thousands of years.  That would be $100 today, net, no tax, what you bring home.

Yeah, I've seen video after video about the manipulation of the silver "paper" market, where the big players short the market. Supply of silver is way down this year, so let's see how long they can keep it up? I think the ratio of silver to gold is about 80:1.