Military Firearm Restoration Corner

New roof St. Bubba’s

FC

OK.  I thought that price you mentioned was kinda low for what you've put into it, sweat and money.  Eh.  It is a beautiful work of art, really.  You'll either sell it for what it's worth or it will still make a nice place to live.

Interest rates are rising fast.  The housing market is either crashing or about to.  Things will swing back eventually.

I’m having new side and left , front steps poured. Sheetrock guys should home tomorrow. 3rd bedroom electrics are hooked up. I put in two sun tunnels, and still need to finish a third. I replaced one stained glass piece, but there’s at least 6 more. Hard to not crack the glass. Wish I had my electric cutter here.

The place is really beautiful.  Finley looks great.  About the size of Meisje's head.

I worked on the house siding today.  Started about 0730, finished about 1730, with a couple breaks to rest and eat.  Man, I am really glad I don't do that for a living.

This was a repair job.  The bottom boards were rotted.  The original siding is red cedar beveled, which apparently is now unobtainium, at least around here.  Lowe's and Home Depot don't have it and list it as out of stock all over.  So I got some of this shiplap siding and made it work.  I think it turned out OK.  I'll throw some paint on it when it stops raining and dries up some.  Besides this side, there was one bottom board on 2 more sides of the house.  I pressure washed the house and porch and took the trailer to HD Tuesday, started working on this at 0730 yesterday and finished rolling up at 1730, with a couple breaks to eat and rest.  I'm wooped.  Sure glad I don't do that for a living.  My wife helped, especially with the tear down of the old stuff.  A table saw would have helped, but I did it with a skillsaw and a scroll saw.  And 2 nail guns.

siding.thumb.jpg.0fc51e2545afa772df5313f72df88a28.jpg

The steps turned out nice. What was that, a full concrete truck?  9 yards?

I painted the new siding yesterday.  Rolled the air hose out from the shop, loaded up my HVLP gun with brown Rustoleum and 1/3 mineral spirits and went after it.  Took a half gallon for the new boards and up 3 boards total for where I had just put 1 new board on.

No, no runs at all.  Flowed out great.  The Rustoleum paint is easy to work with and really sticks. That little Harbor Freight $10 on sale, or $12-15 these days, HVLP gun is fantastic.  It's my favorite gun.  I've done cars, bikes, trailers, etc. with it. Using it is like using a giant air brush.  Unfortunately, after 20 years, the lid on the paint container cracked in the middle of this job.  So, I pulled out my spare gun, virtually identical and bought on sale a couple years ago for $10 or so, and finished the job.  They sell so cheap that it is almost disposable.  I mean, it takes $5 worth of thinner to clean a $10 gun.  But I like using them so much, I just can't toss one when it just need cleaning.