Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Jukar Spanish Phila. Derringer Repro.

I think I got this Jukar Spanish reproduction Philadelphia Derringer at an auction really cheap. I had to grind out some wood in side the action area, braze the broken trigger guard, make a new long screw, and add a screw. I think it’ll fire fine. For some reason they didn’t add a half-cock for setting the percussion cap.

jukar.jpg

jukar 2.jpg

30Gr of black powder.  I would think that would be a pretty good charge.  I mean, a 44-40 had 40 grains and was a seriously powerful round.

Did you ever get that Firefox book on making your own black powder rifle?  I think it was Firefox 5.  Here's a link to a pdf:

https://www.outpost-of-freedom.com/library/FoxfireVol5.pdf

Starts on page 208.

It's a rifled 3" barrel. I just used a Wonderwad over the powder. The Ball is real snug in the bore. 

I do want to make a flintlock out of the mesquite I cut just for that purpose. It's not a priority right now due to the innumerable antique restoration projects I have in the garages. I have a flintlock, but I paid somebody to make that one.