Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Biden pulling gun dealer licenses

FC

Biden is “weaponizing federal agencies to target and harass hard-working Americans.” Biden has made it his agenda to push severe gun control. Congress has not been able to pass bills he has demanded. So, it appears he is resorting to federal agencies to undermine Americans’ ability to legally buy and own guns.

Key Takeaways:

• Biden’s ATF has revoked licenses for hundreds of gun sellers since 2021.
  • This surpasses both the Obama and Trump administrations.
  • Gun sellers are accusing Biden of using minor errors as a backdoor into violating the Second Amendment.

I know a few places that wont sell guns anymore for fear they may get in trouble  if a clerk makes an innocent mistake.

Seems the only way to stay open is to take Hunter as a partner?  (Brooklyn in the old days! Ya gotta do the right thing !!!!!!)

karl

That IS why the federal gov was meant to be kept weak. The framers well knew that power, away from local control, creates problems. Why do you think the Constitution originally did NOT give the Fed the power to tax?  Money buys votes and that power. Almost all now  receive or hope to receive money from some "Program". Money buys support and obedience.

karl

Yes, it is certainly no longer our Constitutional Republic.  Trying to pin down when it happened is difficult.  Probably when the Supreme Court assumed authority over the other branches and declared itself the judge of all Constitutional law.  I mean,  the guy that wrote the Constitution said "You can't do that.  That's not what I wrote."  Been down hill ever since.

Marbury vs Madison was indeed the start. The is NOTHING in the Constitution that gives the Court the power to declare a law unconstitutional. But since Jefferson hated Adams and since the ruling gave the victory to Jefferson his party then in power let the ruling stand. That left the door open for later use and the pols of both sides used it.

karl

Yeah.  I've been around the world 3 times.  The only places that compare are Argentina and Israel.  Singapore is very nice, but no guns and a tad on the warm side.  Israel went all in on the shots, greatly disappointing me.  Argentina has always been an economical/financial cluster-f, and you can never tell what the next government will be/do.  Bumfuq Arkansas is about the best I can think of.

GOA is suing the feds over this.  They have actually been quite effective in their (GOA) lawfare against the feds.  The arm brace ban is not in effect, or not being enforced by court order for GOA members from their action, for example.  The NRA has been useless, I am sad to say. 

I do hate to say it but I think the NRA is trying the ole go along to get a long,,,this too will pass game.

But this is not the good old days of reasoned compromise. Since Mr. Obama, the PC/WOKE play to win.

We best do the same.

karl 

In general, from my observations, Trump plays to win in everything.  From his run in 2016, he devastated all other Republican candidates, finding a weakness and destroying them.  That is playing to win.  If you look, anything he compromised on, like the bump stock thing, has been a disaster, and I think he learned from that.

The NRA was morphed into a money sucking machine, unfortunately.  Wayne gets a 1.7MM salary, millions just for clothing, apartment for his bimbo, etc.  Stooges are on the top committee.  He killed it and won't step down.  GOA does a "take no prisoners" approach.