Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Since I am now way too old for war,

karlunity

I think of my friends, now retired, that were active service members.  Like a very good friend that was a Master Gunner, that is, a super-expert on the M1 Abrams, and a tank commander.  Would I want to send him to some place that could very easily get him killed?  For no direct threat to our country?  No.  Oh, he would jump at the chance to go to a combat theater, I'm sure, or would have before he retired.  He did 2 years on the Korean DMZ, a quite dangerous place.  But I would not want him to go.  Or my step-son.  He was a tank driver when he was in the army.  Or FC.  I would not want my friend FC to have to go to some war sh*thole area and risk his life for no reason besides some super-rich guy or guys wanted a war there.  I have no relatives or friends active in the military now, but that is how I think of it. 

I am proud of my sons for their military service but for many years I lived with stress that comes from having a child in a war zone.

My younger son is still in the Marine Corps and his job requires frequent travel to shiite holes around the globe. I'll be glad when he is finally done with it.

I sincerely hope he doesn't get sent to Ukraine or Israel. 

My nephew, “battle buddy”, and step-son got mentally messed up after deployment. One thing I’ve noticed, and Karl, chime in, is that soldiers who’ve deployed act out in a wide variety of destructive ways. Often weird stuff. It affects them, and everyone around them.

you can leave the war  but it can take a while for the war to leave you.  we drank  it away  but now i hear that is out of style. I have heard people suggest POT as a replacement but pot makes one very parotid and that is the LAST thing any vet needs. Because if you do not become very parotid as a grunt, you become dead. So more in the world you do not need