Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Bought 3 Spanish Mausers

Dr.Hess

It is much easier. It does work on both small ring and large ring Mauser's in particular 93,95,96 and 98 models. It also works on  the Spring Field 1903 and 1903A1, Enfield the Jap 38 and type 99. There are 2 numbered top plates to drill the different models of rifle receivers the plate stamped withe #1 is for Mauser's and the one marked with the #2 is for the later models. 

Sun Optics a Chinese knock off of the same fixture which unfortunately has been discontinued too. The method of use is the same and it can serve double duty as a holding fixture which is useful for other work while being held in a vise.

Every now and then they do come available on eBay or you can get lucky like I did at a gun show. 

Jeremy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll keep my eyes out for one.  When I get on my 98 project, I think I'll go with the old Bubba+ method of super glue the mount to the top, getting it level by grabbing it and the bottom of the receiver with some calipers, then mark the hole locations through the mount.  Unless I can find one of those jigs and it's cheaper than buying a new rifle.

I blued the receiver and some small parts. I used Mark Lees express brown 2 it took 6 coats to get it done. The process was apply the solution after de-greasing boil wash rinse repeat and card the parts between cycles. 

IMG_1144.thumb.jpg.e6680820fc84435d36e71f2b72c8c157.jpg

IMG_1145.thumb.jpg.af4073fc787bcfc81f3640317450bb41.jpg

IMG_1146.thumb.jpg.e9ef64a042b73c3c698f759575fa85cb.jpg

I'll jewel the bolt and blue the barrel next. The barrel will have to be done in the garage with the large bluing tank. The same process of wash rinse repeat.