Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Palmetto State Armory

FC

Wow, that's a deal.  And that 1911 for $329?  Super deal.  I'm tempted myself, but I don't really need one.  I like the A1, except for the safety, which I prefer the Series 70 style.  I am planning on up-arming to carrying a 1911 versus a 9mm pocket gun.

Meg-Gar makes magazines for all the big makers.  SIG, etc.  They are "aftermarket" in that they don't have the gun maker's name on them, but that's it.  They are OEM for many.  For pistols, that's all I'll buy besides one with a OEM name.

I used to buy those WWII holsters surplus for nothing when I was a kid.  I had one velcro'ed over my feet in my Europa back in the day.  The Houston PD illegally searched my car and never found it (and it's contents.)  They are still around, but you pay for them now.  Repros are out there.

It kicks hard, but bearable. I see that there's muzzle brakes for sale, but of course, not really cheap. It's hard to wear earmuffs with such a short stock. Kind of pushes the earmuff up on that side. Only 6 lbs. 

I really like the pistol. I'm buying wooden U.S. grips.

10 hours ago, karlunity said:

You may like rubber grips better. They dont slip should your hand be wet and the rubber takes up some of the recoil. 

As has been said very good deal sir

karl

I don't think they're actually rubber, more of a hard plastic. 

I bought 5 Tisas pistols earlier this year and a couple of them came with both wood and plastic grip panels. 

Tisas refers to these as series 70, actually they are more akin to the good old ww2 1911a1.  I've just been schooled in this subject on another site that I frequent.

https://www.1911forum.com/threads/70-series.1060876/

I've already ordered the wood grips. I can see why rubber grips, if rubber, would have an advantage. I really don't know anything about 1911s, much less series numbers. I did look at the 1911 forum. Thanks to Erdogan's bad fiscal policies, the Turkish Lira is hyperinflating.