Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Cheap!!!

FC

That's true. I'm seeing maybe it's the magazine? The last rounds are really tight, and don't get fed. The position, when I pull back the slide, is too horizontal. As far as aftermarket goes, can it take the 8 round mags, or just the 7 round? 

Tripps mags don't insert right, so those are going back. With 7 rounds in the mag, I have to push the bottom of both the Tisas and milsurp mags hard on a surface to get them to load. My guess is that the tension of that many rounds is what I'm fighting against. 

Dunno.  If you pull the slide back and lock it, is it hard to insert then?

I like Mec-Gar mags.  They are the factory magazine for many of the top manufacturers.  That's all I am buying now for anything that they make a mag for.  1911, P226, etc.

The tension of >4 cartridges presses against the slide, so that’s the cause. 
I got the Tripp mags to go in (bit of resistance from the mag release), but they won’t lock in. It appears my magazines have a retention slot s few mm higher. 

FA754568-F0D9-47B2-8E4D-E53E616060A0.jpeg

I'd be one of those hunchbacked old men! I've never seen that movie. I just watched the hotel shootout scene.

I forgot to mention that the surplus magazines have the same retention cut as the factory Tisas magazines. I got two, knowing I shouldn't, when the sale price went to $319. 

"It'll hurt if I do...."  It's a great movie.  The exact same plot as A Fistful of Dollars, which is the same plot as the Japanese Samurai movie Yojimbo.  The Japanese made a movie with the exact same plot as Eastwood's The Unforgiven, only with Samurai.  Sort of the reverse of A Fistful of Dollars.