Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Next Time You Think Your House Is a Mess

ShooterTom

I really wish I hadn't viewed that after I had eaten...the sight of the refrigerator and the bathroom sink made my stomach lurch....

But there's a bright side...I don't think I will ever again think that my house is a mess!

A freind at work had an uncle that was a lifelong batchelor that lived by himself on his farm.He died 2 years ago,and my freind ask me to help him move a few things out of the house.What we found was as bad as Toms pictures.There were dirty dishes from years past piled as high as they would go on the cabnet,so the rest were on the floor.He had to buy more instead of washing them,because no one has that many dishes.He had cats,many,many cats,and had cut a hole in the screen door for them to come and go at will.In the kitchen,there was a pantry as big as some small bedrooms,that he had put a 2x12 across the door,and shoveled dirt in there for the cats to crap in so he wouldn't have to open the door in the winter.Behind the old cabnet type TV,we found a cat skeleton,and it looked like the cat tried to crawl in to get warm,and it bar-b-qued him.My buddy,an old man himself,said several years ago the old man called and told him about his TV being screwed up,so he took a new one and set it on top of the old one.He didn't have any kin closer than neices and nephews,and any time they offered to clean house for him,he would blow and they were afraid he'd stroke out,so they just left him alone.He came from Russia with his parents when he was a small child,and still had the big trunk full of all their family pictures,papers,and keepsakes from Russia,and termites had about eaten up everything paper.When we picked it up,the bottom and what was left stayed on the floor.The crazy thing is,the farm looked like a painting.Almost too perfect.Ya'll have a large day,think I'll pick the house up some.Jerry