Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Good bye to Desert Eagle

ken98k

I think for brown bear defense, that revolver is ideal.  Note that all I know about that is what I've read, mostly in SGN/FN.  The DE, while a fun, interesting gun, is just ergonomically bad unless your hands are the size of Andre the Giant.  Well, Maybe Arnold Schwarzenegger.  I have had no problems reliability wise with the DE when I shoot the 44MAG barrel.  I can shoot it reliably one handed in that.  357MAG, well, I don't think I have hot enough ammo for it.  50AE and 429DE, I can't hold on to it hard enough with 2 hands to get it to function.  But 44MAG is just perfect for mine.  Again, ergonomically useless for defensive purposes, but way cool.

My Desert Eagle was not bad at all as far as recoil, it was however, essentially a single shot pistol as it was very likely unlikely to return to battery. 

I have complete faith that the Anaconda will fire each and every time I pull the trigger.

• 4 weeks later...

Made it to the range on Saturday to check out the Anaconda. Accuracy was about 3" at 25 yards. I'm sure someone with better eyes could do better. 

I was shooting  Underhill 185 grn JHP and recoil seamed pretty stout, but I may be spoiled from shooting mostly 9mm for the last couple years.

I need to take out my Ruger Red Hawk for a sxs comparison.